Our law firm has been part of this community since 2009. We have worked closely with hundreds of families, students, refugees, victims of crime and many individuals seeking legal status here in the United States. Their struggles are our reason to provide the best service and advocacy on their behalf. We are a passionate team seeking to make a difference in our community and we are now opening our doors for you, to become a part of this wonderful experience.
The Student Internship Program:
This is a yearlong program designed to give you an opportunity to work alongside an immigration attorney and paralegals, on real immigration cases. The program will be broken down into two semesters. Each semester will consist of nine weeks. Each week you will be asked to complete a minimum of 5 hours.
- The first semester will consist of developing an understanding of what different cases consist of. During the first part of the internship program you will successfully accomplish individual steps required to complete a case. This includes translating new client consultations, translating official documents, gathering evidence to complete an application, etc.
- The second semester will consist of case work. Your training and mastery of individual steps will allow you to work on a case, from the initial consultation to the submission of the application. You will manage and complete a case under the supervision of paralegals and the attorney. It is our mission that by the end of this internship program you have a real sense of what it’s like to work in a law firm.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL
- MUST BE ENROLLED IN COLLEGE
- MUST BE WILLING TO DEDICATE A MINIMUM OF 5 HOURS WEEKLY
- MUST DEMONSTRATE PASSION ABOUT WORKING IN THE FIELD OF IMMIGRATION LAW
- NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
How to Apply:
- Please email your resume, schedule of availability, and a cover letter, in English AND Spanish, describing why you’re interested in this internship at: email@example.com.
- An interview will be scheduled shortly after your submission.